Monday, September 12, 2005

Murder by Jargon

I recently attended a conference where for the first time, I was prompted to discuss online learning to a lay person. It was difficult - For weeks now I have been peppering reflections, papers and project proposals with jargon like constructivism, connectivism, elaboration theory, contiguity. The real challenge will be to translate this into language that anyone can understand. Especially if my intention is to act as the 'middle-man between developers and end-users'.

One CEO of a national newspaper spoke of the challenge she had when changing technologies. To my suprise she was referring to her attempts to migrate from typewriter to PC technology. What I took away from the conference which was aimed at HRD practictioners is that Asia still has a way to go to catch up with western practices!

No comments: