Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Detention

If I could, I would send myself to detention. I know it's still early days but I have yet to break the 3 hour per day study barrier. There are so many ways I could spend my time such as upload cds to my new iPod, play with Luc, go to the gym (yes, even that is more attractive than studying), comparison shop for yoga mats (spare yourself, they are all the same), post a blog or contemplate what my next low carb snack will be.

Despite how it looks, the subject really interests me. It's a little bit like putting down a fantastic book because you don't want it to end. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration but seriously, the whole area of Instructional Design is fascinating.

Most of my fellow students are from the education sector but the relevance of the course is nonetheless significant for us all. I just finished one of our readings (Bates, A. (1997). Restructuring the university for technological change.  http://bates.cstudies.ubc.ca/carnegie/carnegie.html). You could almost substitute university for organisation and it would be relevant to any large, complex organisation trying to drag its development and training strategy into the 21st century.

I've yet to get stuck into my Multimedia in Education reading. That's tomorrow's task, unless of course I decide to check out yoga mats one last time.

No comments: